Running a successful business is no easy feat. With new challenges emerging daily, how do you stay focused, motivated, and on a path to growth?
On a recent episode of The Business Growth Show, host Ford Saeks sat down with franchising expert and author Gary Prenevost to uncover what it takes to be unstoppable in business and in franchising.
Drawing from decades of experience coaching over 2,000 franchisees, Prenevost shared his insights on achieving next-level growth.
What It Takes to Be Unstoppable in Business:
- Mindset is foundational – Cultivate a growth mindset that views challenges as opportunities to stretch yourself versus a fixed mindset that keeps you stuck. Monitor your self-talk to root out limiting beliefs about your abilities and remind yourself you have vast potential waiting to be tapped. Your mindset serves as the foundation for success.
- Increase self-awareness – Frequently assess your strengths, weaknesses, beliefs, and business environment via SWOT analyses to gain clarity on where you can improve. Stay abreast of market trends and global forces like emerging technology so you can be proactive versus reactive to shifts.
- Develop your skills – Identify gaps in your business skills, pick 1-2 skills to focus on at a time, invest in learning via mentors and collective brain trust, and remember improvement often requires sacrifice as you reallocate resources.
- Leverage your network – A minnow on its own makes for an easy target. But swim alongside a school of fellow fish, and predators think twice before attacking. Remember the old adage – two heads are better than one. Don’t isolate yourself on a solo journey. Connect regularly with other founders, join masterminds, and establish a support squad. Brainstorm challenges together and share wins along the way.
- Take action – Ideas alone won’t propel you forward. You have to execute consistently, even when motivation wanes. Align your daily actions to your big-picture vision and business goals. Make measurable progress by tackling one small step at a time. Building momentum takes patience, persistence, and routinely flexing your discipline. Stay the course and those small ripples will compound into waves pushing your business into exciting new
The path to becoming unstoppable in business is there if you’re willing to dive in and do the work. It won’t always be easy. Some days the currents will work against you and it may seem easier to give up the swim. But by consistently showing up, implementing the insights shared by Gary Prenevost and Ford Saeks, and flexing your growth mindset, you can break through plateaus and maximize your potential. Remind yourself that small steps compound over time. Each person has an ocean of talents waiting to be tapped. The key is to keep learning, focus on 1-2 skills at a time, leverage your network, and align daily actions to your big-picture vision. With the right mindset and strategies, you have everything you need to not only stay afloat, but truly thrive and achieve next-level growth. Now it’s time to stop just treading water, and start actively propelling yourself forward on a new tide of unlimited possibility.
For more expert advice in business, sales, marketing, life, and everything in-between, tune in to future episodes of Fordify LIVE! every Wednesday at 11AM Central on your favorite social media platform, or you can listen to new episodes of The Business Growth Show Podcast every Thursday on the podcast network of your choice.
Meet Gary: Gary Prenevost is a passionate entrepreneur! A calculated risk-taker who thrives on creating opportunity for others, he is constantly redefining his comfort zone while helping others to redefine their comfort zones and unlock their “golden shackles” that had previously held them back from achieving and overachieving their financial and lifestyle goals.
Find Gary Here: https://theunstoppablefranchisee.com/